AIADMK party led by J. Jayalalitha has won the Tamilnadu assembly elections 2011. All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) party has successfully swept 192 seats out of 234 in the Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections 2011, while the ruling DMK party led by M Karunanidhi was leading in just 40 seats.
Now J. Jayalalitha is all set to be the chief minister of the state for the third time.
She also mentioned that the AIADMK government top most priority will be to restore law and order and implement poll promises in one-and-a-half years.
It is widely expected that she would drag all of her political opponents to court including Kanimoli the daughter of Karunanidhi. Kanimoli has been quoted in a corruption investigation at present.
Her victory is going to have a huge impact on the Sri Lankan politics as well. She has been using very strong words during the election campaign against the Sri Lankan government.
She was talking to her Television channel Jaya TV after the victory and said:
· It is India's responsibility to ensure a "dignified and honourable existence" for the Tamils in Sri Lanka
· She will exert pressure on the central government to take action against the Sri Lankan President before international court for genocide and war crimes.
· If Sri Lanka government did not oblige to these requests, Indian government has to impose economic sanctions on Sri Lanka together with other countries
· The main reason for the suffering of Tamils in Sri Lanka, according to the newly elected CM, is the Sri Lanka government.
· As Tamils, it is our duty to ensure a good life for the Tamils in Sri Lanka," she said.
Sources: Dailymirror.lk 13 May 2011